Interested in a box of fresh, high-quality vegetables every week, straight from the farm? Then our CSA Harvest Box Program is for you!
1. Download & read our CSA Program Information & Registration Form,
2. Want to sign up? Fill out the registration form and send it to us with your payment.
3. Enjoy a full season of farm fresh veggies!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments - Contact Us
The farmer offers a certain number of shares in the harvest, which they make available to their community. The member purchases a share in the spring, which gets them a box of delicious, nutritious, locally grown organic vegetables every week throughout the farming season. This arrangement creates several rewards for both the farmer and the member.
Benefits to the Local Community/Members:
- Receiving high-quality, fresh organic food from a known source
- The environmental benefits of fewer 'food miles', less packaging and ecologically sensitive farming
- A local economy enhanced by higher employment, more local processing, local consumption and a re-circulation of money through 'local spend'
- Education about varieties of crops, their production methods and true costs
- Influence over the local landscape and encouraging more sustainable farming
Benefits to the Farmer:
- A more secure income which improves business planning and time to concentrate on farming
- A higher and fairer return for their products by selling direct to the public
- Increased involvement in the local community; the opportunity to respond directly to members' needs
Community supported agriculture (CSA) is a partnership between farmers and the local community, providing mutual benefits and reconnecting people to the land where their food is grown. Members sign up in the spring for a share of the harvest, which helps the farmer during a time when cash flow is otherwise low. In exchange, the farmer grows high quality, affordable produce for the member which is then delivered weekly to a convenient location, or is available for pick up from the farm. This arrangement is ecologically sound because it reduces the long-distance trucking involved in much of today's produce delivery. In addition, the produce is organically grown; this method of growing food is healthier and more environmentally sustainable for the customer, the farmer, and the land itself. Also, your produce will be fresher which means it will be higher in nutrients and taste better than conventional produce from the grocery store. Not to mention you're supporting your local community!
You’ll receive a wide variety of delicious, seasonal, organic vegetables & herbs throughout the program. Such as: Basil, Beans, Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Corn, Cucumbers, Dill, Garlic, Kale, Leafy greens, Onions, Parsley, Peas, Potatoes, Radishes, Romaine lettuce, Salad Mix, Scallions, Shallots, Spinach, Squash, Tomatoes, Watermelons, and Zucchini.
Worried you won’t know what to do with some of these items? Then our easy to follow recipe book is for you! It has nutritional info, storage tips and common preparation methods, as well as some of our favorite recipes for over 20 different vegetables.
Dont like a certain vegetable? No worries! We offer an exchange bin at the pickup location, where you can trade out the items you wont or cant use for ones you will. But it's always good to try it at least once, who knows, you might like it when its freshpicked from the fields. Vegetables in the stores often taste like shadows of their former selves, because of the time spent in transport which depletes the nutrients as well as the flavour. The fresher it is the better it tastes!